1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My day to day job is preparing tax computations for my clients. Along with supporting managers on more complex jobs.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt about corporate taxation.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my day to day work, and do get the opportunity to take on new different work. I like the team I work with, they are social able, willing to help and we have regular social events
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
I feel valued, however sometimes recognition can be lacking from individual managers. The pay could be better and more reflective of what I do for the company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well structured. however, I would rather to know my exam dates more in advance so it is easier to arrange holidays etc. I do not like the BPP/ apprenticeship side of the programme though as I do not feel this is relevant to my career or the programme I joined to do as this does not help me in my ACA/CFAB
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel that BDO provide a lot of support. However the support from BPP has been lacking at times.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel I get supported from my employer to do the best I can, mainly from my team and counselling manager.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel that the salary is ok, however, as I commute in this takes a large amount away. And my salary does not factor this in enough as what it should do.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are socials, and sport clubs
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
As it has developed me into the professional with the knowledge that I am today.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!