1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
The role was for a PSA Vehicle Technician. Daily tasks included carrying out visual health checks of vehicles, carrying routine service to these vehicle. Also you got to investigate and report back on a variety of customer complaints.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I gained a level 3 Qualification in Automotive vehicle Maintenance. Also built on my investigative skills and general approach to worklife.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The training facilities provided during the apprenticeship was excellent. Also made some good friends from all over the country on training courses.
4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?
Please leave a comment on this question.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was a very organise and structure programme with training courses spread out every 2-3 months. An instructor also visit you at your place of work regularly to check on your progress.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I recieved adequate support from my advisor. They visited you at your place of work regularly to check on your progress.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My mentor supported me through out the apprenticeship as he was once an apprentice.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
In the first yr, you are paid the min apprenticeship wage after which the wage goes up in accordance with your age. This met the travel cost involved as I mainly used public transport. The cost of attending training courses and staying in a hotel was fully compensated.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?
The skills gained from this apprenticeship is one which can be applied out of work either on working on your own car or another persons'. It also depending on the success of your apprenticeship, you can also get a further 1 yr extension contract afterwhich you can get a permanent job with the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?
I would advice you be fully commited to the job and all it entails. The application process is fairly easy. The training course are well suited to your needs at work and the facilities are good. Dont worry too much about damaging cars as its part of the job and accidents happen.