Trainee solicitor at Pinsent Masons

Birmingham

Connect with Pinsent Masons

7.1/10

During the work experience I was allocated to different departments :Intellectual property, Corporate, Pensions and Property. The tasks involved were mainly to help the trainee solicitors such as drafting emails for clients. The tasks varied depending upon the department.

I have developed my communication skills as I had to interact with new and different people every day in different departments. The new skills I have developed are being able to work in an environment at Pinsent Masons.

The programme was very insightful, it allowed me to ask questions about the processes involved in becoming a lawyer. I enjoyed being able to view the different departments within Pinsent Masons and meeting trainee solicitors. I enjoyed this programme greatly!

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

During the time I was treated as if I was working there. The workers were very helpful and always willing to share any stories or answer any questions.

The programme seemed very organized and structured although the work set out by the different departments sometimes was not relevant and seemed pointless. This sometimes felt like I was wasting my time but this just depended on the department.

This depended upon the department I was situated in, the Pensions section was extremely supportive as was Intellectual property! They were happy to answer any queries I had.

The way of applying for this work experience was through Realising Opportunities, they were very helpful in supplying me with information about the work experience.

This is not relevant to my work experience.

The employees have informed me that Pinsent Masons there are a range of opportunities they can get involved with, things such as mentoring sixth form students and also various company activities.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

The staff at Pinsent Masons are very helpful and supportive, this company are very professional. I would recommend to anyone interested in Law to apply for any available work experience at Pinsent Masons as its a valuable experience.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

I would advise that they be inquisitive and to get involved in everything that are offered! Also I would keep up with current affairs as it does play a big part within the company.