1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Audit Trainee - daily tasks include performing audits, preparing accounts and attending stocktakes. I interact with other trainees, qualified audit seniors, managers and clients on a daily basis.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I am studying towards becoming a chartered accountant at the same time as training to be an audit senior. The role is developing my knowledge of accountancy and professional skills, including communicating with clients.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The best part about my job is working with the audit teams which vary on every audit. I also enjoy getting to know about all the different businesses that my traineeship exposes me to.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
BDO make their trainees feel very valued - I am given more responsibility than I was expecting.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The school leaver programme is very well structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The firm is very supportive of their trainees - we receive appraisal forms to help us progress and have an allocated counselling manager.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary meets all my living costs as I still live at home.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are not many organised activities outside of work
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I enjoy my work and feel it is a great opportunity for someone who has left school and hopes to become a chartered accountant.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *
Be yourself and be honest in the interview. The assessment days are difficult so keep calm! I would like to have been told how long the hours can be sometimes - sometimes you are required to do work outside of working hours.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!