Audit Trainee at BDO

Kilmarnock
School Leaver Programme

Connect with BDO

8.0/10

Audit Trainee - daily tasks include performing audits, preparing accounts and attending stocktakes. I interact with other trainees, qualified audit seniors, managers and clients on a daily basis.

I am studying towards becoming a chartered accountant at the same time as training to be an audit senior. The role is developing my knowledge of accountancy and professional skills, including communicating with clients.

The best part about my job is working with the audit teams which vary on every audit. I also enjoy getting to know about all the different businesses that my traineeship exposes me to.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

BDO make their trainees feel very valued - I am given more responsibility than I was expecting.

The school leaver programme is very well structured.

The firm is very supportive of their trainees - we receive appraisal forms to help us progress and have an allocated counselling manager.

As above.

My salary meets all my living costs as I still live at home.

There are not many organised activities outside of work

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

I enjoy my work and feel it is a great opportunity for someone who has left school and hopes to become a chartered accountant.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *

Be yourself and be honest in the interview. The assessment days are difficult so keep calm! I would like to have been told how long the hours can be sometimes - sometimes you are required to do work outside of working hours.