1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work alongside client to provide them with the best solutions to there issues this could be something s simple as a new database or something as big as a new system using various technology to support this.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since joining Capgemini I have developed my skills ten times since I started. I've learnt so many different technologies and gained knowledge from other employees which have helped me to complete my day to day job.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the freedom which the company provides to complete both university work and client work. With this in mind I enjoy working along side other employees which provide me with the knowledge and skills to develop my own knowledge and assist me when I get stuck on issues.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
As this is the first time my University has done a apprenticeship within IT it has been a bit of a roller coaster in the section where deadlines have been shifted and work has been dished out randomly and piled on by other modules.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive endless amount of support with a quick response to any issue I have regarding client work, University work or anything by my employer. They have assists me with anything I approach them with.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider has a endless 24 hour support by the lecturers with any issues when it comes to help for any assignments or training tasks which they provide to assist in the development of our knowledge for the use of working for employer and assignments.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I'm very confident in the fact that the training and the work provided by our provider has assisted me in my day to day performance on my role and helped me understand more of business terms and how some technology works even if its basic knowledge of this.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There is a variety of multiple activities which you can be involved in. This could be something as simple as a get together or a sports team which gets competed by other branches across Europe.
9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?
Great company to develop skills and work for alongside multiple benefits which can be great to receive. I've recommended this company to numerous amounts of my friends which they have applied for positions. I recommend this company for anyone who wishes to pursue a career in IT.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?
If you were to apply for this company makes sure your up for a adventure. There is multiple occasions where travel is needed and the most important advice is don't be afraid of taking part in activities as these are the best parts and you would regret not doing them.