1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I really enjoyed my time and the experience, I have gained on the program at SSE. I would recommend this to anyone who has the right motivation, self drive and great teamwork. I was part of the new fast track training, but this was due to having experience on the network already, but would still recommend this to anyone any age and any ability
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
My new career as a linesman and level 2 maths and English
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Knowing I've completed and I have gained some lifetime skills
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Being the first fast track ther would have been a few bumps in the road but worked well
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support was there if you need it you only need to ask
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Anything that I needed
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helped me move to my new role within the company.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
This might of been different if Covid-19 wasn't involved
9a. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
Really fun and friendly atmosphere
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Commit yourself and be proactive, its worth it in the end