1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
sales executive, selling SEAT and Peugeot new vehicles as well as used. Doing the initial vehicle enquiry following it right through until customer collection.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed my customer skills, ITC skills and confidence when talking to new people. Also managing time scales and tasks.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have learnt a lot about the different sides of the job whilst on this programme working with my tutor. Including differences in the motor trade, how to deal with complaints and how to do jobs efficiently.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
With monthly meetings and set workbooks to do I believe this to be very well organised and that the training structure is set out to benefit the trainee to the best extent
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support is provided with my employer
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My tutor is always available to help me with any issues and understanding of work books if I require help
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I don't believe that the qualification helps me perform better, I believe the qualification gives me a better understanding of the job
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We often do social activities as a dealership which helps build relationships outside of work
9a. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?
Helpful, supportive and well organised
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?
Be open minded and work hard to achieve results