1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
-Compiling invoices -Recording and tracking changes for works instructions sent out to subcontractors -Ensuring relevant sub-contractor applications are reviewed each month accompanied with IPC -Ensuring contractors dispose of waste -Taking commercial meeting minutes monthly
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a wide a range of skills including:
-effective communication -time management -budgeting/financial planning -understanding of risks/logistics -quantitative skills/IT skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much appreciate the way I've developed since starting this programme and the opportunities it has opened up in terms of project and work opportunities. The collaborative culture between myself and colleagues of other disciplines is something I also enjoy about the programme.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
For the most part, I'm happy with the structure. Perhaps, we should have training a bit more often though especially in the early years, i.e. Year 2
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive the utmost support and have always felt welcome to reach out for help when necessary.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Training sessions take place every now and again which have gone a long way towards my learning development. As mentioned before, I feel we could have more often.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Aside from training sessions, I would like to be paired with a slightly senior commercial manager who has been through the stages I've been through that could perhaps provide the best tips on tackling my responsbilities
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I often do attend work socials which are held occasionally and events held for apprentices whether hosted by Mace or my university. Would like to be able to attend more sports type activities
9a. Would you recommend Mace Group to a friend?
Truly elite company who anyone would feel proud to work for. I have made some great friends for life through working with them. And there's always support whenever you need it any way, shape or form.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mace Group?
Show that you're a team worker and are ready to take on challenges which are new everyday and unique in themselves