1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I manage projets, hold weekly update calls to track progress and allow issues to be raised. I have to work with a variety of different stakeholders on a daily basis, these vary from internal teams which I work with to meet the project objectives or external contract partners.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been able to improve on the good time managment and communication skills I already have but also develop new skills such as how to deal with conflicts, motivate teams, drive for results, manage projects from A to Z
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme very much. I have been very fortunate to have landed in an amazing team who always support me and guide me in the right way if I am ever stuck. Everyday in my role is diffrent and it never gets boring
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well organised. The first year I was working towards my APM exam - attending workshops. The second year was all about portfolio development for my end point assessment. I am given 20% of my working hours for 'personal development' which I can use for revision or studying
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve more support than I could ask for. I know that if I am ever stuck I can rely on at least one person who would be able to help me. If my work load ever gets very busy, support is always offered which can be really helpful
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
A fair amount of support. Every few weeks we would have a Skype update call or a face to face. During these we would get feedback on how were doing, next steps and how we can improve
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The APM qualification is based on projet managment so after passing the exam I knew the theory of how to manage projects, the different steps and processes which i could put into practice in my role
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We have yearly voluntary charity events we organise which enable us to network with a varitey of different teams in the company.
9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend?
The culture, work flexibilty, support, opportunities - just overal great company to work for
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media?
Do your research and be passionate about the role you're applying for, not just the company