1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a first year commercial apprentice I have been able to attend various meetings, whether internal or external ones with tenderer's or the site's client. I take minutes, regularly carry out exercises on excel and liaise with various individuals within the business.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have attended a number of training courses and site visits of which I have developed many skills and my knowledge within construction. I have also developed my soft skills and have become more confident when using various programmes and software.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy the programme as I am constantly learning something new, interacting with different personalities and know that overall it is really having a positive impact on my self-development.
It hasn't been super easy - sometimes feeling daunted or anxious but it is getting better.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured, I always know what is expected of me and whether I have any upcoming training to attend.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A great amount of support.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Support is always available.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Qualification really supplements the learning I gain when working at my project. Since I am only in my first year, I can't quite apply everything I've learned yet.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Social meet ups yes, but not any extra-curricular as far as I am aware.
9a. Would you recommend Mace Group to a friend?
Friendly culture, great place to learn and grow.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mace Group?
To apply if they express a great interest in construction and to be ones self, as you can bring something unique and valuable to the company.
More from Mace GroupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!