Commercial Apprentice (Construction) at Mace Group

Top Employer
Degree Apprenticeship
February 2020

6.9/10

As a first year commercial apprentice I have been able to attend various meetings, whether internal or external ones with tenderer's or the site's client. I take minutes, regularly carry out exercises on excel and liaise with various individuals within the business.

I have attended a number of training courses and site visits of which I have developed many skills and my knowledge within construction. I have also developed my soft skills and have become more confident when using various programmes and software.

I do enjoy the programme as I am constantly learning something new, interacting with different personalities and know that overall it is really having a positive impact on my self-development.

It hasn't been super easy - sometimes feeling daunted or anxious but it is getting better.

Very well structured, I always know what is expected of me and whether I have any upcoming training to attend.

A great amount of support.

Support is always available.

Qualification really supplements the learning I gain when working at my project. Since I am only in my first year, I can't quite apply everything I've learned yet.

Social meet ups yes, but not any extra-curricular as far as I am aware.

9a. Would you recommend Mace Group to a friend?

Friendly culture, great place to learn and grow.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mace Group?

To apply if they express a great interest in construction and to be ones self, as you can bring something unique and valuable to the company.