Work experience student at Pinsent Masons

£0 annually
August 2019

Connect with Pinsent Masons

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

In the mornings, we had talks on various topics (eg: Entry to Law) and also completed a mock employment tribunal and business exercise then in the afternoons we were with our supervisors who gave us specific work relating to their area of practice

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

I learnt how to approach a business exercise - which helped me to further my problem solving skills and also gave me a great chance to experience something they would actually ask you to do in a real interview.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I really enjoyed my work experience as the mornings were filled with interesting talks and exercises whilst the supervisors in the afternoon gave me interesting tasks to do that are real tasks trainees do, which helped me to feel more valued than I've felt on other work experience placements.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

It was very well organised as we were given timetables for the week on the Monday so we knew exactly what we'd being doing each day.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

A lot. Right from the start, Pinsent Masons seemed like an appealing place to work and through talking to a range of people, who all seemed to love working for Pinsent, it was clear Pinsent was very inclusive, with things such as organised sports teams and open plan offices.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

It's made be want to become a solicitor at a commercial firm, something which I wasn't sure about pre work experience.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

No - apart from a £5 voucher for lunch on the 1st day

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

It was a really enjoyable, insightful week that has helped me to realise what career I wish to pursue as well as giving me the chance to meet 7 other people from varied backgrounds who all, like me, are interested in law as a career option.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

take your time when filling out the application