1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On a normal day I get the tools ready and inspect them ready for maintenance tasks on bmw cars that come in for service. My general tasks include servicing cars which ranges from brake pads to oil changes. I also assist trained engineers with any faults on the cars and try and rectify them
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to change the oil and main filters on bmw cars which includes a range of activity such as removing under trays and being careful when handling expensive equipment. I have also developed my skills on being able to change car brake pads on all models and ages
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme and what my job consists of I like that I get to work on high performance cars and I’m able to learn about them and how they are put together and work. I find my job interesting and I get paid well as well as enjoying what I do
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
If I was really being dead honest it could be structured slightly better however I do feel that most places have issues when it comes to structure when it comes to customer serving jobs as things don’t always go to plan and some periods can be busier than others
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I get a lot of support from my team i work with I think they enjoy having someone to teach as it brings something different to their day, I also get checked on regularly to see how I am getting on and how things work and how I can progress
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I’ve not really needed that much support from my training provider as the employer answer most questions I have I do feel like they are not that involved and mainly just there for the qualifications however they do teach me all the relevant stuff and how to do maintenance tasks
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel like it gets me an advantage as I’ve learnt various techniques using certain spanner’s and it makes me be able to perform quicker in my role making my life easier when working in a team in a pressured environment I have also gained better skills at being able to torque bolts etc
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There is not always activities to get involved in provided by the company but organised between the staff we like to arrange nights out, bowling is a good one where we all get together and have a little competition between us all and it boosts our team spirit also in the work place
9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend?
It is exciting being able to work on top quality vehicles and have an understanding on how they all work. I am fascinated by the technology and I like the fact the company is so big globally. It is always a pleasure to admire the cars and keep them in good working order
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group?
I would like to advise on writing a good cv laid out well with a good structure and approach any interviews in a professional manner. Also be on time as this is very important. I would suggest that assessments should be prepared for and these general questions can usually be found online
More from BMW GroupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!