1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On a day to day basis I write and execute test scripts as well as leanring automated testing and keeping in constant conatct with clients. I work away on client sites giving me the ability to constantly meet new people and engage with different enviroments. this is something i really enjoy doing.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Each week i set myself a goal which capgemini will always help with my goal at the minute is to get as much experience as possible in the automated testing field. This
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme very much so, it gives me the ability to learn as well as earn, which gives me the chance to get a degree and be debt free. which allows me to go on new adventures e.g. like holidays or days out. I love what the programme allows me to do
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the course itself is okay with organisation, sometimes some of the lecturers don't have the answers to what you need. but there is people in place within capgemini which will give you the ability to get these questions answered. the support stucture from this side is more than absolutely fantastic
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As stated in the pervouis question my employer gives me the upmost support we have systems in place like the buddy system, who will help you to talk through any questions which you have. these people are really helpful when it comes to the start of your career they have been very valuable
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
the support from the traiing provider is limited to lectures only, we have lectures once or twice a week. you can conatct lecturers if you have any questions but it doesnt get answered sometimes. but the flexibility of the course is what makes it work with work committments and uni commitments
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I don't belive that my role has a direct relation to my course. the course if very must a vague univeristy course and will never go over testing learning. it is down to me to learn new things within testing. which i knew would be the case when i took the job
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are a few extra caricular activites but they are usually based down south and are never really accessale for me with myself being from the south. for exampe there is a junior talent night coming up but this is based in london and I live 200 miles away from london
9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?
Cpagemini is a great compnay to work for, they always offer me the upmost support and guidence. There is also plenty of oppertunities to get promotion and progres your career with reviews every 6 months which offer a pay rise or promotion depending on how much effort you are putting in
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?
Wehn applying for capgmeini you shoud do you research about the compnay and the role. Get as much experinece as you can within tech roles before applying for example i got experience as a SQL devloper and web specialist. which stood me above other condidates going for the same role.
More from CapgeminiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!