1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Attending installation and service calls to customers properties in order to provide Virgin Media services.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned multiple new skills since working with VM, both technical and people skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
At first I was not too keen but as I have progressed I have enjoyed it more.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not very, I have had 3 different coursework tutors and there has been multiple complications.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I used to receieve study days to get coursework done and have only just stopped having downtime whilst at work which enables me to work to my own speeds being an apprentice.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive regular feedback and updates with regards to my coursework to which I am pleased with.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that the qualification is proof that I can perform well in my role, as if I do not earn the qualification then I feel I do not have as much knowledge as I could have.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There has been a few work outings, Christmas do, horseracing and upcoming team events. We have submitted a survey as a branch to suggest any further planned events or such could be organised and the conclusion was that more event days will soon be organised.
9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend?
Overall working at VM is a well rounded stable job to have. As hours and pay are guaranteed every month as long as you put in the hard work all benefits are heavily rewarding. Just like any job take the rough with the smooth but when you power through your day you feel great about yourself and having got all your work done its a reward in itself.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media?
Know exactly what kind of job you are getting into. Prepare yourself for having lots of alone time. Evaluate your own skills and qualities to see whether they match the job or not. Before you start get all the information you need but be prepared to earn great rewards when.on board.
More from Virgin MediaMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!