PRIME Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

April 2019

Connect with Pinsent Masons

10 /10

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

I got the opportunity to experience 5 different sectors within the organisation which included, Oil and Gas, Corporate, Banking, Property and Employment. This gave me a chance to build my skills on each area and get an understanding of what working within a corporate based Law Firm is like. I got the opportunity to visit the Court also and watch some trials which was fascinating.

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

I engaged in IT training firstly to enable me to use the computers correctly and comply with all regulations when using the laptop. I then found working in a team developed my teamworking skills, my communication skills and made me more confident as an individual to talk to a wide range of people from trainee solicitors to partners and associates, who were all equally as kind and welcoming.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and would do it again if I could! I felt this has really benefitted me in the fact I now know exactly what I want to do within Law and I also feel without this opportunity I may not have realised what a broad range is within the legal sector.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

Very well organised within a timetable which allowed me to know exactly what I was doing at any given point and allowed me to structure my tasks and have an idea of what to prepare myself for. I feel this was very effective and would recommend the company continue to do this.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I learnt a lot about a general office environment, dress code and then the beliefs of PM and how the company operates. I feel this was highly useful in order to adapt myself to suit the work environment.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

It helped me thoroughly and I would recommend any student to participate in this as it has completely opened my eyes to the extent of work there is available.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

I was fully reimbursed travel expenses and also provided lunch every day which was very generous and appreciated.

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

Yes, definitely. I felt this was one of the best parts of the programme as there was a large opportunity to engage with your team and meet lots of new people.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

Great and friendly environment and highly informative. I felt that I was helped very much so by everyone here on any work I was struggling with and my CV, and I could not have been more welcomed as everyone was so kind.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

To definitely look into their beliefs and values as they are very good and strong here which makes it a great working environment.