1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I took part in a business exercise, attended information presentations and seminars in addition to shadowing their lawyers on real issues. I spent time in a number of different departments including Contentious Construction and Planning and Environment whilst being supervised by a number of their trainee solicitors.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Their trainee solicitors helped me gain an appreciation of the skills you need to be a good lawyer. These include letter-writing, research, and a good eye for detail.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Undoubtedly the best work experience I have had and has confirmed my ambition to pursue a career in law.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I felt valued from the moment I entered the building to the time I left. All staff were very accommodating and were willing to offer support at any time.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I received a clear and detailed timetable 2 weeks before the programme started. On arrival we were informed of the structure of the programme and it went as efficiently as possible.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as you ask for, they are always willing to give up their time to help and give you advice.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It is invaluable experience which is very had to get in the law sector. Especially due to the size of the corporate law firm, the programme is a must for anyone interested in pursuing a career in law.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Dress smart, ask about trainees backgrounds, speak to as many people possible about their experiences and overall just enjoy what is a short but a packed, well structured, rare work experience programme.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!