Work Experience Student - Unpaid Role at Pinsent Masons

£0 annually
August 2018

Connect with Pinsent Masons

9.7/10

We are given tasks in our practice groups, this may be tasks such as research for information or populating a contract.

I have developed my writing skills, my attention to detail and teamwork skills.

I made lots of new friends and gained a real insight into the firm. Every employee I met was very friendly and had time to speak to me. It was amazing to see how solicitors worked on a day to day basis and how they progress up the ladder in the work place.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

Everyone appreciated the work I did and was very considerate.

We were given a timetable at the beginning of the week and it was stuck to very well. We had plenty of time for everything, but was never bored and it was a varied programme so each day was interesting. We spent time in two departments over the course of the week.

We were well-supported by our supervisors and they gave us tasks and supported us throughout the process. We also had a mock trial which was very entertaining and we received help from many different people in preparation for that.

I received amazing support from everybody in the firm. I was introduced to everyone from trainee solicitors right up to partners and everybody was happy to say hello and took a genuine interest in my work. I was never bored and everyone was happy to answer my questions which was lovely.

We received a free lunch on the first day. We were not paid/reimbursed however, we received valuable experience.

We did not do anything outside of our work experience from 9am-5pm. However, all the students went to lunch together everyday which was fun.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

It gives you an invaluable insight into the realities of a law firm. You work with amazing people and are able to develop your skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Show your enthusiasm for the placement, and why you're interested in law - and specific areas e.g. employment or intellectual property.