1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Jouinor tax assistant. Helping with the admin tasks for higher grades, doing mostly repetitive work for different clients (i.e. corporation tax computations). work for a wide range of managers within the firm, never had interations with external parties, execpt for phone calls.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How an office enviroment can feel, and works (as i only worked in retail prviously). Work in just corporation tax, which has caused skills in that area of tax to grow, but no where else. The qualifications 'college time' help learn the tehnicals behind the day to day jobs.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work can be enjoyable and interesting as you can be persented with different situations, which have a diffferent effect on the tax figure.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
As you work with a range of managers this can change dramticly.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
we were orignally signed up to a different qualification program, which was then changed on our 2nd day at work. This meant that we sat through the wrong induction day. study leave is one working day on the company.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
the college allows you to email your tutor with any queries that may arise at any time. They are polite and friendly, and alothough the ollege moves at a fast pace they do ensure that everyone is able to keep up.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
monthy catch ups with manager.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Live at home still, therefore my costs are still next to nothing
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
alot of staff events , many on the company
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
if they were prepared to work in this enviroment.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *
Do work experiance here first.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!