1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a composite fitter. I work in DCC and i make various different components in the clean room for parts of the helicopter blades.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have acquired many new things when it comes to learning about the composite materials themselves- and the making of each component. I've been on many training coerces to be able to use many different machines and work in various different areas.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Completely different to my expectations. But i enjoy every aspect of the apprenticeship.
4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very good structure to most aspects.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend?
Because it is so well structured. There are so many different qualifications you get out of the 4 year apprenticeship. you build a good amount of connections within the company and you are opened up to many different opportunity.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo?
Don't be bogged down on the length of the application for one. It is worth it. College is very challenging but you will get through it. there is a large network of people wanting to help you get through everything. And never be worried to ask for help from the training team or older apprentices.
More from LeonardoMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!