Craft Apprentice at Leonardo

Yeovil South West
May 2018

Connect with Leonardo

8.8/10

I am a composite fitter. I work in DCC and i make various different components in the clean room for parts of the helicopter blades.

I have acquired many new things when it comes to learning about the composite materials themselves- and the making of each component. I've been on many training coerces to be able to use many different machines and work in various different areas.

Completely different to my expectations. But i enjoy every aspect of the apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

Very good structure to most aspects.

9. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend?

Because it is so well structured. There are so many different qualifications you get out of the 4 year apprenticeship. you build a good amount of connections within the company and you are opened up to many different opportunity.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo?

Don't be bogged down on the length of the application for one. It is worth it. College is very challenging but you will get through it. there is a large network of people wanting to help you get through everything. And never be worried to ask for help from the training team or older apprentices.