1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
i am a machinist and i machine conponents for mainly gearboxes. i have the responsibility of making sure that the work i carry out is to the companys standards.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
i have learnt a lot during my time as an apprentice, opened up many of skills that i can progress on during my engineering career.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i enjoy my apprenticeship a lot because i enjoy what i am doing. as a workforce the area i work in are great people to be around and teach me.
4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?
i feel well valued however it is a large company therefore theres many of people who work for the company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
my program is well organised now, however at the start i felt it was a bit here there and everywhere.the training are always supportive and my studying has always been up to date.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
a lot of support, the issues that i have had training have always dealt with them. they do have opening times but in times when you need help they are there all the time.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
great support from my employer, with things like college work and my NVQ. always allowing time to do my work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
very well, however i live far away and petrol and travel is costing me a bit of a set back. but gives me enough money to have a social life and easy to get to.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes there are, there are many awasa events that are run on a monthly bases that everyone can get involved in. then theres area events with in the company.
9. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend?
because it is a fun place to be, with so much to learn and so many new faces to meet.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo?
be yourself and try to make the best first impression as possible because that is so important in this industry.
More from LeonardoMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!