machinist at Leonardo

South West
May 2018

Connect with Leonardo

i am a machinist and i machine conponents for mainly gearboxes. i have the responsibility of making sure that the work i carry out is to the companys standards.

i have learnt a lot during my time as an apprentice, opened up many of skills that i can progress on during my engineering career.

i enjoy my apprenticeship a lot because i enjoy what i am doing. as a workforce the area i work in are great people to be around and teach me.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

i feel well valued however it is a large company therefore theres many of people who work for the company.

my program is well organised now, however at the start i felt it was a bit here there and everywhere.the training are always supportive and my studying has always been up to date.

a lot of support, the issues that i have had training have always dealt with them. they do have opening times but in times when you need help they are there all the time.

great support from my employer, with things like college work and my NVQ. always allowing time to do my work.

very well, however i live far away and petrol and travel is costing me a bit of a set back. but gives me enough money to have a social life and easy to get to.

yes there are, there are many awasa events that are run on a monthly bases that everyone can get involved in. then theres area events with in the company.

9. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend?

because it is a fun place to be, with so much to learn and so many new faces to meet.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo?

be yourself and try to make the best first impression as possible because that is so important in this industry.