Internal Communications Assistant at Vauxhall

South East
Degree Apprenticeship
May 2018

Connect with Vauxhall

I am an internal communications assistant. Some of my daily tasks include updating our communication TV screens throughout head office, sending out communications to the organization and finding any corporate coverage in newspapers. I interact with a variety of employees on a daily basis, in order to organize events and try and solve any queries/requests.

I have learned and developed my communication skills, presentation skills through training. I have developed other skills such as adaptability, independence and decision making.

4. How valued do you feel by Vauxhall?

I have marked this as 4 due to my living and travel costs. This of which is higher than the average apprentice as I have moved for the role and pay a high rent as a result.

There are a few, for example, there is an initiative to use a working day a year to volunteer at a local charity/ support the community. We have also been on a couple of department meals. Outside of work, I have also joined a local gym and attend some of their classes.

9. Would you recommend Vauxhall to a friend?

Despite some of the hurdles I have come across, the colleagues supportive and friendly.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Vauxhall?

There are many changes happening in the company at the moment, you need to be prepared to adapt, and thrive in a fast-passed environment.