Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

April 2018

Connect with Pinsent Masons

10 /10

Throughout this experience I have attended informative and helpful presentations, shadowed lawyers in various sections, I have completed challenging tasks (not just making coffees and photocopying) and participated and won a mock trial.

I have learnt numerous simple IT skills, furthered my commercial awareness and confidence when in a working environment. I have also developed my research skills and have widened my knowledge of commercial law.

The work was at times challenging and I felt very proud once I go to grips with it, the people were all inspiring, approachable and friendly and I really appreciate the time each person took out of their busy days to chat and mentor us. The company and the firm itself seems very professional and I really like the vibe - this is somewhere I can easily see myself working in the future. It exceeded my expectations and surprisingly, I found the week very enjoyable.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

Not once did I feel patronised which is amazing considering my age and current level of education. I loved the feedback and praise and I didn't feel intimidated by any of the staff.

The programme is excellently organised with a good mixture od advice on what we can be doing now and in the future, intertwined with educational and relevant tasks and also constant advice on how to succeed!

I'm not sure who this means but I felt very supported by each member of staff - I never felt pressured or stressed but I also felt encouraged to do my best.

Personally I appreciated the free food and will enjoy this voucher and although I did not get paid, I feel this experience is priceless and extremely rewarding!

Yes this firm has proved to have an amazing work life balance with the additional fitness classes and staff drinks as a good way to unwind and socialise - something I hope that I will be able to make the most of one day!

9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

(Although I wouldn't because competition - I jest). For me, this represents all the great qualities that being a lawyer has to offer but also has demolished the stuffy, intimidating lawyer stereotype as everyone seems genuine and hardworking; exactly how I will hopefully be in the future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

Be comfortable as it is very welcoming - you will get out of it what you put in!