1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Electrician - My projects have been varied and interesting, ranging from maintenance work for housing associations to heating systems for agricultural collages. My daily tasks include assisting my supervising electrician with tasks involving: kitchen fitting, maintenance and electrical work
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been on an asbestos awareness course and and now first aid trained
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love the feeling completing a job and seeing it through to completion and having the satisfaction of knowing that I have done a good job.
4. How valued do you feel by SSE?
At the moment, being a first year, I don't feel I am a valuable member of team. This will hopefully change the more experienced I become
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Due to the changing nature of the work the structure and organisation is quite mixed
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel that there is always support available to me and my training provider is always approachable
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel there are varied levels of support in the company
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As an adult apprentice I struggle with my salary due to having to support a young family
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is, due to my personal life I send most of my time with my family
9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
The training they provide is impressive and would recommend working in the electrical trade
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Prepare to work hard. Ask lots of questions. always work to the best of your abilities
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!