Apprentice at SSE

South East
January 2018

installing pipework in the heating and ventilation industry. this includes radiators, basins ect . Also installing commercial plantrooms are included within the job role

-improved hand skills -improved on site knowledge -improved technical knowledge within the heating and ventilation industry

work is hit and miss . is good when we have some decent install work . I enjoy college and attend on day release.

4. How valued do you feel by SSE?

feel valued to a certain extent but still awaiting on a company van so having to use my own personal car on a daily basis

well structured through college . have to complete a nvq level 3 portfolio.

good support from [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions].

good support at times . although have to nag about certain things . IE getting a van , new tools and getting specific work to cover nvq portfolio.

salary is ok . am able to live off monthly income as still live at home .

9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?

lack off work and company procedures make life very hard work with SSE . As long as they are making money they don't seem to care . also a lack of van is also very frustrating as im having to use my car on a daily basis and petrol which I don't get back. also this increases wear and tear on my car and devalues the car .

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?

it is a stable company but work is a big issue as they struggle to win jobs due to the profit margins they use so if u want consistent work and local work I wouldnt bother as u could be working anywhere around the country.