1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was an apprentice at KMPT on a mental health ward. I supported clients with their day to day tasks, and supported with their recovery and integration into the community.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Communication, teamwork, time management, interpersonal skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much, it introduced me to my future career! I am now on Mt way to becoming a qualified nurse.
4. How valued do you feel by NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy?
Very, they made me feel like one of the team and that I had an important role.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very, it is like a job.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A great deal, I gained an NVQ 2 in health and social Care from it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A great deal, they understood my role and all boundaries attached to it.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It was a bit of a struggle as it paid £400 but I made it work.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I was able to attend many training sessions to increase my knowledge.
9. Would you recommend NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy to a friend?
It is a very supportive system and allows you to advance in your career.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy?