- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by Insight ICT Ltd?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend Insight ICT Ltd to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Insight ICT Ltd?
IT Apprentice I was running the schools IT department so would have to fix any issues given by the teachers as soon as was practical as to not hinder the students learning. I then later had to teach each class about the new tablets the school had purchased.
I have recieved my Level 3 qualifications The personal and professional skills I obtained while working at the school has proven to be priceless as this has helped me succeed further.
I really enjoyed it, the only down side is 3aaa (the apprenticeship provider) lied at the start and told me that the apprenticeship would be a full diploma and I would be able to go to university straight from the programme but sadly it wasnt so now I am doing an access course
I felt really valued, I actually worked for an external company rather than the school directly, I worked on my own for the most of it but was always receiving thanks via email and text from my manager
very little, when I asked for help I was told to google it
Support was great, I worked by myself so it was difficult sometimes but my manager would come in atleast for 1 day a week in order to support me
I was on the minimum wage which didn't sustain my outgoings so I had to have a part time job at Tesco
It was a very small company, we did have a christmas meal though. The school also had a christmas meal so I ended up attending two!
I would recommend an apprenticeship because they are great programme in order to progress but i wouldn't recomend 3aaa's
Just go for it! you will not regret the decision.
Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
Digital Media & IT