work experience student at Pinsent Masons

Central London & City
March 2014

Connect with Pinsent Masons

Visited a different department of the firm each day. We had a one to one conversation with our mentors/trainees before the day started which was very informal and made me feel more comfortable. They gave us an overview of what we would be doing and answered any questions we hd about the legal profession and their experiences. This was very helpful.

It gave me an insight into life at a corporate law firm, which is a very rare experience to receive at such a young age.

The programme was very enjoyable, I was able to meet a range of people who were my age and shared similar interests with me. The team was also very helpful as they were all trainees and so were easily approachable.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I feel quite valued by the firm, as they still send me emails and try to keep in touch. During my time at the firm I feel they were very welcoming and maintained a friendly atmosphere in which everyone felt relaxed.

The programme was well structured, they presented us with timetables and booklets containing all the information we needed, moreover we had a set schedule for each day which was followed through very well.

In some instances there was limited support, this also allowed me to try to think things through myself and work independently. However if I did come across any difficulties my advisor was more than happy to help me and guide in the right direction.

The employer was a little less helpful, and there was less interaction. However we received various talks from partners of the firm.

this work experience programme was unpaid.

There have not been any opportunities outside of work as of yet.

9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

Because this programme is specific to a level students, there are not many programmes as such. Moreover it would give you an insight into life at a corporate law firm and help you decide whether you want to follow through with a legal profession.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

Think about the questions carefully and be specific with your answers, also research the firm itself to get a better understanding of it. Always relate your experiences with what you learnt from them and link this back to why you think you would be the best candidate for the placement.