Paralegal Officer at Crown Prosecution Service

Yorkshire & The Humber
Degree Apprenticeship
March 2017

CPS- paralegal officer. give charging decisions, review evidence, chase police for evidence, serve papers on defence and court, sort witnesses, warn witnesses, cover case at court, cover sentence hearing.

HNC and NVQ level 5, police training, CPS training, management experience

Love the team, love the work, I thoroughly enjoyed the apprenticeship and felt supported at all times.

4. How valued do you feel by Crown Prosecution Service?

extremely! I have recently won a country wide staff award and was nominated by my colleagues and my manager which makes me feel extremely valued.

induction was good, programme was well organised to say it was the first year of the apprenticeship

lots of support from tutors, line manager allowed me as much time is I required to complete the assignments.

an immense amount- manager was always allowing me days to work on my assignments.

for the importance of the job and how it changes peoples lives we should be paid more.

no, the CPS is civil service therefore there are no opportunities to do events or clubs.

9. Would you recommend Crown Prosecution Service to a friend?

I am serving my country and making sure that criminals are prosecuted properly.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Crown Prosecution Service?

Do not worry about the assessment interviews, just be yourself and try your best!