Application Development New Associate at Accenture

Degree Apprenticeship
10th February 2017

Connect with Accenture

9.3/10

I work on an internal company project with release management and engineering teams. The technology we work with is an enterprise cloud analytics and management platform.

On a daily basis I undertake the following tasks; PMO, issue tracker administration and investigation as well as involvement in the development of automated tooling and testing.

I have developed upon existing soft skills exponentially since beginning the scheme; communication skills, logical problem solving skills and time management.

I am studying the data analytics stream of a digital technology solutions degree which is giving me all sorts of relevant data handling skills, however I am also learning about software development best practices and web development frameworks such as Angular and Python.

I think that everyone should go straight to work as opposed to University.

4. How valued do you feel by Accenture?

I definitely feel like I am making an impact to the company, both within my project and in other social groups.

The only issue I have with the programme's organisation is poor communication on behalf of QA.

The workshops are brilliant, and the tutors provide the support needed to increase grades.

Plenty of mentoring, access to learning materials and career development.

Living in London, independently I do not earn enough to cover my costs whatsoever and I am living off savings. Travel costs were discounted with an apprentice oyster card however due to QA's poor organisation our cards have been cancelled.

We can take days off to do voluteering or charity work. There is more than enough to get involved with outside of work. Interest groups, sports teams and social events.

9a. Would you recommend Accenture to a friend? *

The ethos within the company is exceptional. I have always been worried about starting my career as I have felt I would not manage to fit in with corporate culture, but Accenture definitely provides to their people.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Accenture? *

Do some background reading, have an interest in what the company is about.