1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Mechatronics Engineer Apprentice in maintenance, this involves training with welding equipment, lathing and milling machines amongst lots of other new machines and learning everything that is needed to know in the run up towards a career.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed many skills in just a short 4 months, being able to gain experience on robots that are similar to those at the Engine plant.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I extremely enjoy my programme, never dreading the day ahead and enjoying every module.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
Jaguar land rover offer a lot of assistance and make it known that as apprentices, we aren't expected to be perfect straight away which is reassuring.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is not always structured, the training technology centre that I attend cannot always organise correctly but Jaguar Land Rover structure the programme brilliantly.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The support is more than adequate at the training provider.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Jaguar Land Rover offer a lot of support and always make you feel valued
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is fantastic, with few apprenticeships offering such a great salary.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Through the company we haven't been offered much opportunity but with only 4 months of being there, I believe opportunities will come along.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Working for Jaguar Land Rover fills you with pride, and makes you feel valued as an employee.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Stay confident, some of the tests can be a bit daunting when applying but it's worth it.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!