HR Administrator at Bloomberg LLP

9th September 2016

7.4/10

I'm part of the HR dept. at my work place- a team called Employee Enablement. The daily tasks/interactions are usually between myself and the other employees helping them to addrerss their queries and issues but, it can also be liaising with our vendors to have employee issues fixed e.g private benefits issues.

I've learnt more about organisation and I think I've become more mature.

I've also become better at communicating.

The culture in the company is very open although it can sometimes be quite demanding, you will very often find that people here are very pushy.

Overall the pace is very quick and high-stress.

4. How valued do you feel by Bloomberg LLP?

I've received praise and constructive criticism from my manager which has been very helpful, however, there are times where managers higher up are very unhelpful when you try to enforce regulations or policies in place of 'white glove' service, which can be quite demoralising.

Overall, there is recognition from employees/colleagues when you've done things well.

Some parts, such as the interview process were less organised than when we actually starting working at the company

I feel I received a lot of support from the provider, the information that was provided was very helpful and always well explained. My tutor was always on hand to help out with any questions that I had about my coursework.

There were times when I received more support than others. They were very helpful and instructive and were on hand when I had queries

The salary was very helpful in meeting the costs that I had throughout the time of study

There were quite a few volunteer activities and there were also shadowing opportunities with other depts. I also enjoyed the summer party that we had, which was a good opportunity to network with other employees.

9a. Would you recommend Bloomberg LLP to a friend? *

It was really enjoyable

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bloomberg LLP? *

I would say that they should definitely be themselves when in the interview