Global Technical Support Representative at Bloomberg LLP

Croydon
9th September 2016

9.4/10

Global technical support - Managing and dealing with queries (through a ticketing system) from internal and external clients on a wide range of technical issues including hardware, software and networking. Communicated with client globally over the phone, e-mail and live chats simultaneously in both English and Italian.

I have expanded my technical knowledge exponentially throughout the course of the year as well as improved on my Italian language skills. I have also built a professional approach to the work life and learnt how to balance my time to complete tasks and weigh my work-life balance.

To a very high extent, I loved the work environment, my colleagues were all very nice/helpful and I enjoyed the job and company culture. The year went better than I thought, the only downside was the BTEC course side of things, that was less enjoyable and enjoyed coming to work rather than college. However I made a lot of friends and college was somewhat fun.

4. How valued do you feel by Bloomberg LLP?

I feel very accomplished as every day I feel like I have contributed to the company, furthermore my team and company makes me feel very valued in the company. I have always been treated like everyone else and part of the team despite being an apprentice.

Despite the fact this was the first time my company took in apprentices I felt like every went very smoothly and there were little to no issues on the work side of things. I was supported and perfectly trained at the beginning and I have received career development since.

I received decent support as my mentor checked in from time to time and made sure everything was fine, it was also empathized they were there whenever we needed them however i felt as if some of the tasks we performed in college/training were not essential to our learning or development.

Plenty of support from all my managers, mentors and colleagues. Everyone is always here to help and answer questions.

As an apprentice my salary was very good. I was living at home so my pay was easy to live on as I had support from my family. Without this it would have been more difficult living and working in London.

There is plenty of volunteering opportunities as well as work events and access to showings/events/museums etc.

9a. Would you recommend Bloomberg LLP to a friend? *

An apprenticeship is an extremely good alternate option if not going to university in my opinion. Good way to fill a gap year, get experience or help you figure out what to do.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bloomberg LLP? *

Balance coursework effectively. Go in with a keen, positive state of mind.