Lab apprentice at GSK

Worthing
18th August 2016

Connect with GSK

9.0/10

I work as an analyst within the Active pharmaceuticals ingredients Development department. I work with liquid oral dosage forms. My day to day job revolves mostly around analyzing and testing batches for const=consistency and to meet the requirements.

I am constantly learning new things every day, particularly the use of equipment has improved my skills vastly. I have also developed my document writing and presentation giving skills.

I really enjoy the programme, I am gaining vital knowledge each day which will help me further my career and getting paid at the same time.

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

I fell hugely valued by GSK, they always do their best to make me feel equal and push me to do my best.

The programme is well tailored to my role and allows me to get the best from college and work, we have weekly meetings to discuss any problems.

Support from college can sometimes be lacking but if i do have a problem they do always sort it out quickly, I would say that the support is there but could be better

My employer always go out their way to sort any problems I have and to give me the best opportunities on site or at college. There are always options given to me as often as possible.

Very well, after all my outgoings I am still left with a good amount to spend on myself each month.

There are often group activity weeks to work on team building and team work, also there are other non work related events.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

Being paid to gain good qualifications and experience in a huge company like GSK is by far the best option in my opinion to start your career.The company looks after us and makes us feel valued always.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

Dont be nervous on thee interview, really try and sell yourself to them and try to relate your past experiences to the gsk expectations.