Apprentice Software Engineer at Capgemini

Birmingham
9th June 2016

Connect with Capgemini

9.4/10

My official title is Sotware Engineer but I am currently in a User Researcher role. This involves arranging user testing and feeding back any results to the developer team so that they can create a more user friendly service.

I have learnt lots of coding skills from my first module. This involved learning Java and SQL. I am also currently undertaking a professional practice module that involves writing reflective journals. I have learnt many other skills whilst working on my project.

I love this programme, it's the perfect opportunity for me.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

I feel very valued by Capgemini

There have been a few hiccups due to us being the first cohort after changes to the degree, but overall it is well organised and structured.

I receive lots of support.

I receive lots of support.

My salary is rather low and I am struggling to adjust to it, but Capgemini cover a large amount of expenses and the wage is still higher than most apprenticeships.

There are many opportunities to volunteer and contribute to the local community.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

They are a very supportive company who value autonomy and seem to hold the welfare of their staff highly.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Go for it. It's a brilliant opportunity.