Mechanical Engineering Apprentice at GSK

Ulverston
31st May 2016

Connect with GSK

8.9/10

Mechanical maintenance and breakdown activities

I have gained great experience in mechanical engineering, gaining a NVQ level 3, NC in mechanical engineering and working towards a HNC in Mechanical engineering. During this time I have also past my forklift truck test and carried out fire extinguisher training.

I have really enjoyed the whole experienced the apprenticeship making new friends and learning new skills, the apprenticeship has met all my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

I feel I am very important in the future of GSK. I have had many internal recognition and great feedback from my colleagues.

The organisation of my programme has a lot of room for improvement. as it felt unorganised at times. I believe this was down to us being the first apprentices GSK Ulverston has had in a long time.

The support I received from the training provider was good and they were always there if I needed them.

The support I receive from GSK is good as I feel if I need help with anything they will support me.

The salary I have received began really well however as I have progressed through the apprenticeship and have grown older the pay increases could have been better, we are also now on a lower wage than other employers in the area.

There is a lot of opportunities outside of work, including the Brathey challenge, Stem and orange charity days. There is a very handy sports club that we can get a discount for opposite from work. The town Ulverston itself is very nice and has lots of facilities available.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

Because I have enjoyed my apprenticeship and GSK has a bright future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

I would advice that they be themselves and come out there shell as soon as possible. I would recommend they put themselves forward for any opportunities that come their way.