1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working with the tech team at Reading depot. This involves platform gauging, track geometry, tamping and track renewals.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Both practical and academical skills have improved a lot, as well as improving on my skills gained at university beforehand.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
There's a good work ethic and leadership within the group, everyone is willing to teach and get me up to speed with everyone else.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
The management is especially good. They look at my skills and what I can do to benefit the company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme follows a logical and structured programme.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The tutors are also very helpful and will help with any questions when I ask.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager is very helpful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Currently, the financial package is tough, however I am focusing on the end result.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
These aren't promoted enough, but there is information if you're interested.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great benefits and career progression.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Revise as much as you can before your interview.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!