Manufacturing Apprentice at GSK

Irvine
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
4th May 2016

Connect with GSK

I am a Manufacturing Apprentice and currently I am based in the Clav department at GSK Irvine. Day-to-day I am involved in numerous different jobs and no two days are the same in my current role.

I have learned and developed many skills during my time so far at GSK and have gained a lot of confidence since starting. My communication and team working skills have been the most developed since starting, as GSK as a company greatly focus on these aspects.

I am really enjoying my job so far and I hope I will continue to enjoy it as much as I currently am.

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

Working at GSK and being part of such a huge company which has such an impact on the pharmaceutical world is extremely rewarding and even as an apprentice I am made to feel like a highly important aspect of the company.

The Manufacturing Apprenticeship is well organised without being too structured. We (the apprentices) have some input in what we would like to do/achieve in our apprenticeship and we are given many different opportunities throughout the course of the three years.

I can always get in touch with my training provider if I have any issues or queries and I know where to go should I need any support.

I receive as much support as necessary and I know where to go should I have any problems.

As someone who has came straight from school into the apprenticeship scheme, my salary meets my costs perfectly and I think it is a respectful salary for an apprentice.

GSK provides many different opportunities for apprentices such as getting involved with STEM events, visiting schools, doing projects etc.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

It is a great company with an inspiring mission and every day we are a part of saving/bettering the lives of those in need.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

Be confident, optimistic and positive and try your best. It is a great company to be a part of.