1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Track engineer apprentice. Learning the various parts of mechanical engineering such as mechanical systems, maintaining mechanical devices etc. Which can be applied to a track maintainence job within network rail.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills including an understanding of the railways and how it all works.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the general experience of living away from home and learning new skills to help me down my career path as a track engineer.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel as a track apprentice that I among many others are extremely valued within network rail
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well structured. In year one we learn the basic skills and then learn to apply them more in years two and three.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There is a good amount of support here from Babcock allowing me to obtain any help I need throughout the course
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Although I am yet to experience the employer side properly I already feel as though there is a good support network within the company
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel like the salary may be a little short of what it should be however it is manageable and the fact that we have food and accommodation paid for makes this a bit easier
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is not a lot around outside of work in terms of opportunities I feel
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a good apprenticeship that gives you a lot of qualifications which will help you in the future
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be yourself and prove to network rail that you can do your work and be the best possible
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!