1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as an apprentice is to learn how to maintain railway assets. Day to day I would take readings, fill out test forms and help fix faults
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned how to use test meters and how to install electrical equipment
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed the majority of my apprenticeship. There were things I havent liked such as living with the Navy
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel quite valued
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Quite organised. Could have cut a lot of time off it
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The instructors are very helpful
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
When I need it it's there
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
At the moment they meet my needs. If I was older or had children it's not enough
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
You can easily create a long career path for yourself
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
You don't have to be interested in the railway because there's so many different aspects
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!