1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Now I am nearing the end of my apprenticeship, my day to day roles are based out of the technical office. This involes the checking of gauging clearances and management of on track machines
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skill since starting with Network Rail, as it is such a big industry which is run with so many tolerances
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd year of my apprenticeship the most as this is based out of my local maintenance depot. Where I have been on multiple placements with all the different teams that operate in the area
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
The training and support that is provided is second to none and I feel highly valued in my local depot
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is fairly well organised given the shear volume of apprentices in the system at anyone time
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The training provider provided lots of support to help me complete the require assignments
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Network Rail have also given lots of support trying to meet everyone's different learning styles
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is good, however it would be very hard to live off it on your own
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Due to the size of the company there are lots of different opportunities avaible outside of work time
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because they offer competitive rates of pay, are willing to spend the money on training and offer lots of employee benefits
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
be prepared to be working unsocial hrs and always be willing to learn new skills
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!