Software Tester at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Hook

Connect with Hewlett Packard Enterprise

8.0/10

Software testing - I am responsible for testing software to try and find faults or defects to feed back to developers and improve it. On a day to day basis I use testing software to run tests, as well as planning and designing test cases.

I have been attending a number of training courses through my apprenticeship provider, QA, and this has taught me various new skills. I have also had plenty of opportunity to develop existing skills.

Currently I am enjoying my program a lot. I feel like I am valued and fit in with my colleagues and have been provided with everything I need.

4. How valued do you feel by Hewlett Packard Enterprise?

I definitely feel valued by HPE, as they have put a lot of effort and resources into improving my apprenticeship, such as providing many training courses, and by treating me equally to other current employees.

My programme has been well structured so far. I have always had something to do while in the office, as well as having structured training courses fairly regularly.

I have received a lot of support from my provider including having an assessor that I can contact whenever necessary and have one-to-ones with every few weeks.

I also receive a lot of support from my employer, and feel that I have plenty of people to talk to if I need help, including my mentor, line manager, capability manager, and coach.

My salary is definitely sufficient for my living costs and easily covers the expenses of my day to day life, since I live relatively cheaply with my parents.

I have a variety of non work related opportunities, including charity events within the company and discounts on local community events and services.

9a. Would you recommend Hewlett Packard Enterprise to a friend? *

I have enjoyed my time on the apprenticeship so far and feel like it has given me plenty of opportunities and support, and will continue to do so in future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hewlett Packard Enterprise? *

Make sure to keep up to date with all required security forms and documentation, and be prepared for the application process to take a while.