1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a Virgin Media service technician. My job includes interacting with customers who have reported a fault with their services or with customers who are getting the services installed. Responsibilities include making sure our customers receive an award winning service; to leave them with all services working and any questions they may have answered.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained a basic knowledge of telecoms and a BTEC.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Virgin Media?
I don't feel appreciated at all. I feel I am only employed because there aren't enough members of staff to cover the daily quota.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Although there were complications with exam dates being changed last minute, important meetings were made that were cancelled with very little notice and training days were not clearly expressed.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not very much. With the trainer being new into the job, I believe that he was unsure as to what training he was supposed to provide. The more useful training came on the job when it was a little too late.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The only support I receive is negative.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I do what I can with the limited time I have after work
9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media? *
More from Virgin MediaMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!