Manufacturing Apprentice at GSK

Irvine
23rd March 2016

Connect with GSK

7.1/10

I am a manufacturing apprentice at a primary pharmaceutical manufacturing site. I run equipment that processes antibiotics that are the main ingredient to Augmentin.

I have gained a range of qualifications, HNC, SVQ 2 and 3 and city and guilds level 2. I have also gained knowledge on what it is like to work in a manufacturing environment and skills that I can develop to progress my career throughout the organisation.

The team of apprentices that I started with have all became good friends. The organisation is growing so that allows me to think positively about the security and potential future employment.

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

I feel valued when I am given tasks to carry on my own. This shows me that my manager trusts me to do work of a full time employee.

The programme is structured well. Level of training from college and organisation is also to a good standard.

Manager is available any time. College tutor is available once a week at college and once every second week in the work place. We have also been given a mentor who we can also speak to.

Support is there from line manager, training department and HR department which benefits as each area can give different kinds of support.

Salary covers all costs.

I have attended 1 event outside of work and should hopefully be able to attend more this year.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

GlaxoSmithKline are a growing organisation that look after their employees and make sure that they are safe at work and working in good conditions.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

Read into what the company does on a local level and also on a global level. Get to know company goals and policies If possible