1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Access planner - review orders and plan to get fibre cables to customer premises, this includes the planning of civils work and cabling work to external contractors. Also plan for the kit that will be install by VM into the customers comms room.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained a lot of new knowledge about how VM network works and how fibre works in general. Also the policies we have to abide to and the confidentially involved.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it not only because the job is fun and interesting, but even more because the team is one of the best I have worked in.
4. How valued do you feel by Virgin Media?
Compared to previous jobs, I feel very valued. I believe they could do more introducing you to everything about the business though.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
All my team members are very supportive, but I do feel sometimes we can have no direction and un sure of what to do next. And when I ask the answer is not very clear, I understand in the end but it can be hard work sometimes.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
adequate, I see my tutor every 1 or 2 weeks and I can call or email them if need be.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
my manager is good makes us feel welcome and part of the team, we have been out of work and done some fun activities.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well, for a apprenticeship it is well paid. And it increases over the first year.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yeah plenty already signed up for tough mudder for scope charity and having a meeting with other apprentices about something else to do for charity.
9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
well paid, well structured big company, with excellent benefits and great people.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media? *
Be yourself, be fun don't be shy.
More from Virgin MediaMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!