Admin Apprentice at JLL

birmingham
11th February 2016

8.1/10

My main role is supposed to be admin so I have to do filing, paperwork related tasks, making documents etc. however I also do a lot of surveying work such as turnover, lease reading, report writing, contributing to client acquisitions etc.

I have developed skills on how to use excel spreadsheets e.g. formulas. I have also developed my customer service skills as I have a lot of interaction with clients and other property consultants. My confidence has also developed as I meet new people regularly.

I enjoy my role as an apprentice with JLL. it is a great way of learning new things in relation to my career path. i also enjoy the social side of the job such as team lunches, events etc.

4. How valued do you feel by JLL?

I am made to feel important as I am part of many teams, I also feel like I am an equal within the office and I am made to feel needed and wanted. My work and effort are also recognized and appreciated by colleagues.

It is organized well as I have a structure as to what team I am in and when. There is also always things for me to do in the office meaning that the teams are well organized with me.

My training provider is always in contact to ensure that I am doing ok with the work I am being set, she also helps by reminding me of work I need to do and helps to give me tips for improvement on work that she sets.

I receive a lot of help and support from all colleagues as and when I need it within the office and there is always someone available to help me with tasks that I may be struggling with.

My salary allows me to pay for all of the living costs that I currently have as well as having a money left over for leisure reasons.Part of my apprenticeship means that my travel costs are paid for which is extremely beneficial for my salary.

there are a lot of charity work to get involved with and support, courses are offered, company events to attend such as presentations, lunches, dinners etc

9a. Would you recommend JLL to a friend? *

good salary, great working and supportive environment, good career opportunities with financial support. good way of gaining knowledge.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to JLL? *

I would advise that they ask what teams they will be part of and what the work requires. I would also recommend that they had experience in property as it is a big help in the industry as general.