Software Engineer at Capgemini

August 2015

Connect with Capgemini

My day to day tasks involve writing code, testing and interacting with the client.

I have learnt many new skills, however most of them have been self taught due to lack of training courses and availability.

I enjoy working with my current team and travelling however I am disappointed as the programme doesn't meet my expectations of what was going to happen when I first joined.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

Within my own project I am appreciated and value however within my business unit it feels like I am just a number and not recognised.

The initial 3 months training is well organised, however after that it was not the best in terms of support and meetings with mentors. It feels like you are just a regular employee.

After my first 3 months of training I have not received any other sort of formal training, having been here nearly 2 years now.

Initially there is a good amount of support for apprentices but as time goes on it does not.

Yes, expenses are generous and salary is very good.

I have volunteered myself to go into schools promoting Capgemini and played organised football sessions with work. There is a lot of social opportunities but always seem to be London based.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

Capgemini is a good place to work, the rewards are good, need to be proactive in terms of getting what you want and making your voice heard.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Be yourself! Don't be nervous as it is a relaxed process. Dress up smart