1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My job title is software engineer apprentice. Pretty much all I do all day is revise. My internal day to day interactions are with colleagues, and the occasional meeting. I have no external interactions, other than with my assessor, who comes once a quarter.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
All I do all day is learn new skills. From a textbook.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
it is to no extent.
4. How valued do you feel by Firebrand?
oh blimey, not at all
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
well, I was put on a selection of courses that my assessor was completely unaware of. The only thing he knew about these courses was the name of them. he had no idea of the required skills or knowledge needed to go on these courses.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A little bit.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I ask for.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
If I wasn't living at home, I would have to live on the street and eat out of trash cans
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I am aware of.
9. Would you recommend Firebrand to a friend?
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Firebrand?
don't go to firebrand. They have no idea how to run apprenticeships, and not one single person on my C# course passed the Microsoft exam. Despite the fact that some of the people on the course had been employed as software engineers for 5+ years.
More from FirebrandMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!