1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was here for two weeks summer experience, one of my daily tasks was calling and casting financial statements, looking at figures and making sure everything is correct.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed several skills such as communication, as we had to communicate with clients and arrange meetings. I have also developed organisation skills, as I had to take my own responsibility for my work and arranging meetings myself rather than relying on someone else.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed my programme to a large extent, as I have met new people and had different work to do everyday.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
very valued as the staff helped me throughout my experience.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very organised, my tasks are given to me at the beginning of the day
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
a lot of support and guidance with any problems I had, for example using my laptop and finding my way. they have always been positive and made me feel welcome.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
a lot of support, I know my daily tasks, they guide me through what to do each day.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
they pay for my transport costs and I receive a salary at the end of my experience.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are many outside work like BDO events in sport and special days.
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
very welcoming and friendly working environment, you can ask anything that you want to know about and get support from your managers.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *
In their interview they should talk about BDO and their values to show that they know a lot about them and also show them that you are keeping up with the news by talking about something that has happened recently.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!