BDO Summer School Student at BDO

£100 weekly
August 2015

Connect with BDO

Over the past two weeks, I have been working in the audit stream at BDO. Here I have been working with current school leavers and graduates at client sites, specifically working on the planning stage of the audit process.

Communication skills, confidence and precise analytical skills

I really enjoyed the programme. It has given me a good insight into how the audit process for a company works, and what the day-to-day role of an auditor entails.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

Over the past two weeks I have felt very valued by BDO. The fact they have given us quite a lot of responsibility and exposure to clients from the very beginning shows how they value our help and assistance with their projects.

The programmes was very structured. We had a large number of induction and support meetings at the beginning of the work experience.

I received a lot of support from my training providerThis section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions. He gave us our initial induction meetings at the beginning of the work experience.

I have received lots of support from BDO. Everyone I worked with were really helpful when explaining the parts of the audit I didn't understand, and gave me lots of feedback regarding what life at BDO was like, and how they find the examination process.

Yes, BDO paid for all of my travel expenses as well as paying £200 for the work experience altogether.

Yes, BDO hold many social events for both the Birmingham office as well as nationwide. I wasn't able to take apart in any while I was here but all of the school leavers and graduates said the social life at BDO was great.

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

To someone starting out in accountancy, BDO is a great place to start as there is a great support network inside the office.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *

Make sure you prepare well for all of your interviews and assessment days. Additionally when doing the online tests, make sure you practice them beforehand to ensure you get a good score.