Insight Week at PwC

Connect with PwC

9.3/10

It was a one week insight week so there were not mandated roles as such. We were paired up with a buddy so shadowing that person made up the bulk of the week so what different people do varies quite a bit.

I worked on an off-site event and I had to work with a lot of new people to run that event, so I developed communication and organisation skills. There was also an assessment centre at the end of the week that we were put through and given feedback on. That was the most helpful part of the week for me, as I have used what I learnt on that day into practise at numerous interviews/centres since.

I greatly enjoyed the programme - the buddy I worked with was great, and I also got to meet a number of the other students on the programme and the people they were shadowing. The environment was very relaxed and comforting and the work I did was not strenuous.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I received a lot of feedback during the week and PwC have kept in regular contact since hence I feel greatly valued by PwC. Moreover, following on from the insight week, there are a number of other events and programmes that PwC keep in touch about.

Extremely well structured. You are given a timetable at the beginning of the week which sets out how the programme is run. Everything I did was timetabled and accounted for.

I received a lot of support during the programme from my buddy, especially for the assessment centre, whilst PwC have provided support since for my future following school.

Same as above. Great support from PwC during and after the programme. I've been regularly contacted since about insight days, school leaver programmes etc. providing me with a number of options for the future.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

I had no costs, but for a one week insight week during the year 12 summer break the pay is very good.

There were no company events organised outside of work officially, although it is only a one week programme.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

Good company to work for, with a good culture and working environment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

The application process was fairly straight forward. PwC list the competencies and skills their looking for on their website so read around those and have example for them. There is also a lot of interview preparation material on their website.